Sunday, August 20, 2017

Week 48

This week was super cool! We had the chance to work with one of our Zone Leaders almost everyday because his companion ended his mission and left a few days early so he would make it home in time to study. It was cool to learn from another missionary that is finishing up his mission and knows just about as much as we can about the mission work!  

This week we also had changes and I was pretty sure that I was leaving. Last night we found out that I will be headed to a city called Maldonado! It seems like a super cool place and it is about as modern as it gets here in Uruguay so it will be a big change from here in Treinta y Tres haha! I will be companions with Elder Lockheart... but I don`t remember where he is from, but he`s American haha! I am super excited to get to know more of Uruguay and I look forward to finding the people that the Lord has prepared for me to find! 

Not much happened this week, but I had moments when I was just amazed at this opportunity to serve a mission and preach the Gospel of Jesus Cristo! I really love it here and I can`t believe that it has been 11 months already! It kind of blows my mind how fast the time has gone! Hope all is well with you guys! I love ya`ll! You are always in my prayers!

Love,
Elder Cole


Parts from the family email:

Hey Ma! I won`t have a return date until I have about 16 months in the mission and at about 18 months they buy my plane tickets and have my fight plans, but they don`t send them to me, they will send them to your email. 

Haha! I hope you get that car running! The paint looks good. 

Sounds like loading pigs was like it is every year haha! I don`t really miss loading pigs and running around yelling at each other hahah! But I will miss fair a little. Let me know how it all goes! Glad that all the pigs ended up working out haha! 

I got my box, don`t worry.... It was just a pain because the Doritos exploded inside and everything was covered in cheese dust! Hahaha! But it all washed out! 

That's cool about Kammie`s baby! I am going to meet a ton of new little people when I get home in a year! 

This week was good! I was almost 100% certain that I was leaving Treinta y Tres this change because I have been here a while. I am being sent to Maldonado as a Zone Leader. It is the most modern part in Uruguay and everyone says that it is super great! I am really excited! From everything I have heard it sounds like a super cool place, but kinda hard to get baptisms.... we`ll see. I am really pumped to go there! My companion is Elder Lockheart. He is from California I think... I don`t know much about him.... I have really loved it here, but I am ready to leave Treinta y Tres and meet new people! 

Love ya Ma and Pa! This week was great and I really love the mission! Love y'all!

No comments:

Post a Comment