Monday, April 16, 2018

Week 83

This week was a great week! We had a lot to do this last week. We started out the week changing our P-day to Tuesday so that we could go to the temple! It was super awesome and I loved it, but it was pretty stressful trying to coordinate the trip for all the Elders in our zone. Everyone ended up sleeping at our house and it was kind of crazy at moments..... 

Then on Thursday we headed to Montevideo to work with the Assistants. That was also a lot of fun and I got to work with Elder Ward, my trainer! It was just like old times, except now I can speak Spanish and I know what I am doing haha! 

Then Friday, between traveling and a baptismal interview, we were just running around, trying to do as much as we could in our area while we had time. 

Saturday we spent most of the day in the church, cleaning and filling the baptismal font. It made me a little sad to have to sweep so many cob webs out of the font. We did have time, however, to run over to a lesson and talk to a super cool family that was super excited to tell us about what they had read in the Book of Mormon. Then, later that night, Diogo and Belén were baptized! It was incredible! It has been a while since the little branch here in Rocha has seen a baptism and the members really came together to make it a great night! 

On Sunday we were able to confirm Diogo and Belén members of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints! The spirit was strongly present as the services went on. 

We also saw the Lord really working miracles in our area this week!  Although we had several people tell us during the week that they would be there Sunday, when church started, no one had shown up. We left during the Sunday School and started looking for investigators to bring to church, but we ended up going back to church alone. But as Sacrament meeting went on several investigators came through the door! One was Ana Maria. She is the mom of a recent convert here in Rocha, but since I have been here she hasn´t come to church nor shown much interest. She used to come to church consistently about a year ago, when her daughter, Analia, got baptized, but then she stopped coming because she was living with someone and smoking. Recently she prayed and told the Lord that she wanted to start going back to church and get baptized. Things started happening and now she is living with just her daughters and is starting to drop smoking! She was SUPER excited and the first thing she said when she saw us was, "I want to be baptized!"  So we have been talking to her and are hopeful to see her as a member of the church very soon. It is also great because her daughter is a youth and she was starting to push away from the church and look for worldly things. We were trying to help, but really our hands we tried. Now as her mom prepares to get baptized it with be a great support for Analia to help her get through these tough next few years. 

I know that the Lord has really been working in Rocha this week, even when my companion and I haven´t been able to! I know that this is His work and I feel so blessed to be a part of it! I have begun to learn so much here in Rocha it is incredible! The sadness and love the Lord has allowed me to feel for the people here is something that I will never forget! The Lord has been walking by my side everyday of my mission and I am so very grateful for the blessings that I have because He lives and loves me. I hope yall´s week was as great as mine! Love y'all!

Love,
Elder Cole

Part from the family email:

 This week was good! We ended up baptizing Diogo and Belen! It was awesome! We ran into some little bumps right at the end, but it turned out great! I also had to do the confirmation for the first time ever. The Branch President said he would do it and then changed his mind on me right there on the spot. I was pretty taken off guard, but it well. Love y'all.

No comments:

Post a Comment