Wednesday, May 16, 2018

Week 87

This week a lot happened! First of all I got to talk to my family yesterday so that was great! I t`s always kinda hard to think about what I am going to say because I don`t think about it at all before hand and then in the moment I freeze, but it was great! It was also my last one as a missionary and the next time I see everyone it will be when I go home haha! 

Last week we found a guy named Juan who has been going through a tough time in his life. He has been fighting with everyone in his life, his family, his boss, his girlfriend and has attempted suicide.  On Wednesday we had the chance to swing by Juan`s house and talk to him. Juan lives in a super little house. His whole house is 4 cinder blocks wide and 5 cinder blocks long and I have to hunch over to stand inside, but Juan is super cool! He really opened up to us and wants to repent for all he has done. He even asked us to help him quit smoking before we offered to help him. On Sunday Juan came to church. He lives about 30 minutes from the church and we offered to swing by and pick him up. As we knocked on his door Juan didn`t answer. We knocked and knocked. We tried yelling and clapping, but after waiting for about 15 minutes he didn`t answer. So we just opened his door and walked in haha! Luckily Juan was cool with it and didn`t mind being woken up like that! 

This week we also had a conference in Trienta y Tres, one of my old areas! We weren`t allowed to go see anyone, but it was just nice to see the place were I used to work! I learned a lot from President Eddy and the other missionaries! It was also great to see some old friends! On Friday I worked with an elder from Peru and we saw some great little miracles! We ended up finding a super cool family at the end of the night and I have no doubt that it was the Lord guiding us to them! We actually knocked their door because I got a little lost haha! The Gonzalez family has their problems, but really I have the faith that as we trust in the Lord, He will help them make the changes in their lives that they need to make to be baptized! 

Today we went to a laced called Río Branco. It is a border town between Uruguay and Brazil. We got to go buy a lot of cheap stuff/food and got to spend the day exploring! It was great! 

This week was a long one and had plenty of ups and downs, but I think one of the things that I have been learning lately is not to work towards the outcomes I want, but the outcomes the Lord wants. Sometimes I get frustrated when we aren`t quite able to talk to all the people we want to talk to or when people don`t complete with their word, but this week I have thought a lot about how as long as I work my hardest and have faith then the Lord will do His will. The work I am doing right now is not my work, but the Lord`s and I need to give Him control of it all. I have made a lot of changes in my mindset lately. I know that as I pray and have a conversation with my Heavenly Father then He will direct me and do His work through me. 

Love y'all! Hope ya have a great week! 

Elder Cole

No comments:

Post a Comment