Monday, June 18, 2018

Week 92

This week was great! We started the week heading down to Montevideo for another conference and it was probably one of the best I have had in my mission! The spirit was incredible and I learned so much! I thought I had the mission almost figured out by now, but there is always something new I am leaning! On the way home I had about 7 hours to just study and think about things and I can honestly say that I knew nothing about how to study the scriptures before the mission. Now I just get so much more out of my daily scripture study and it is amazing to me all that the Lord has been teaching me! 

This week we were in a little pueblito named Noblia. It is about an hour bus ride from Melo and we have a few investigators that we go out to teach every once in a while. We try to make our trips as fast as possible because it isn`t always just booming with missionary opportunities. This week while we were out there, we got caught in a charla for too long and ended up missing our bus home. We had about an hour to kill and nothing to do, so we decided to visit a less active guy and see how he`s doing. It turns out the Pablo (the less active guy) went to church last week and wants to bring his teenage nephews to church so they can get baptized too. So we talked to him for a while and this weekend Pablo brought his nephews to church! It was great to see the Lord do his will (visit Pablo), even when we wanted something else (catch our bus home). It ended up being a huge miracle for us and we were initially ungrateful for missing the bus. 

That was one of the things I learned in the conference with President Eddy this week. About the Lord`s will. Sometimes we are upset as things don`t go as planned, but if we trust in the Lord all will work out. As Christ suffers in the Garden of Gethsemane he asks the Father to "remove this cup from [him]", but continues by saying "nevertheless not my will, but thine, be done." (Luke 22).  In the Book of Mormon it is prophesied of, "the will of the Son being swallowed up in the will of the Father" (Mosiah 15). Christ`s will wasn`t enough, he had to rely upon the Father`s will in order to continue with the Atonement. Just like in Noblia, sometimes my will also isn`t what is needed, but as I choose to do the will of the Father, He will do great things!

Also Nirian got baptized this week and she brought her whole family! It was super special and she even started crying a little as she bore her testimony! The spirit was really strong! She has been a golden investigator that we actually found a few weeks ago when her 10 year old grandson ran up to us in the street yelling "Mormones!" And asked us for a little card of Jesus Christ. We asked him where he lived and when we went by later we found Nirian and she was super prepared! She was really clear the first time we met her that she was from another church, but we shared the Book of Mormon and left one with her to read and when we went by again she was already decided on getting baptized haha! The Lord is truly working before us! 


Love y'all! Hope all is going great at home!

Love,
Elder Cole

1. The baptism
2. The day we moved last week



No comments:

Post a Comment