Monday, August 20, 2018

Week 101 - THE END!

Well this is my last week in Uruguay. I have been trying not to think about it too much for several reasons. One is that I am going to miss the culture and people here a lot! It has also been a dream of mine or a long time to be a missionary and I can´t believe it´s ending. But I also have a lot of work to do here in Melo until Thursday when I head to Montevideo. However it doesn´t matter how much I try its always in the back of my mind that in just a few days the life that I have known for the last 2 years will end. I am excited to see what the future holds and to continue growing as the Lord wants for me.

My mission has not been easy and I feel like it is impossible to describe the mission in an adequate way, but I have loved every moment of it! I have truly come to know more about the Savior and about His gospel. I love my Savior, Jesus Christ! My mission has meant everything to me. It has forever changed my life and I am thankful that my mission has been the means of changing the lives of others as well.

I have been trying to think of what I could write in my last email to really just wrap up my mission, but words can´t really describe what the mission has done for me. So my testimony is simple. I know that The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints is the Church of God. I have no doubt. I have felt the love and goodness of God for all His children, even those who are a little "lost" in this life. He loves them and He has a plan for them and for each of us. We truly do have a Father in Heaven and each of us are His Children. He has great things planned for us! We just need the faith to see it!

See y'all in 5 days!

Love,
Elder Cole

No comments:

Post a Comment