Monday, August 6, 2018

Week 99

This week was good! We worked really hard this week and I definitely felt the Lord`s help as we taught the people! This week we had a conference in Montevideo and so we had a long day of traveling. But it was super nice to be able to see some of my friends, from other parts of the mission, for probably the last time here in Uruguay. It was also really special because it was my birthday and since I will be going home soon I had the opportunity to share my testimony with them! 

I learned a lot this week about leadership and about my own personal development. Normally I have the chance to see the Lord make deep changes in the lives of other people, but this week it seemed that happened was to mold me rather than others.  We saw a lot of people make changes in their lives this week, but I also really felt the Lord was teaching me a lot. It was not an easy week, but it was a good week and I really saw some changes that the Lord wants me to make. It reminds me of the scripture,

 "And if men come unto me I will show unto them their weakness. I give unto men weakness that they may be humble; and my grace is sufficient for all men that humble themselves before me; for if they humble themselves before me, and have faith in me, then will I make weak things become strong unto them." . Ether 12:27

I am thankful for the changes that the Lord has made in my life and for the opportunity that I have to help others make these changes in their lives! The Gospel of Jesus Christ is about change. If the Church or our calling in the Church doesn`t make us change, we aren`t truly applying the gospel to our lives. I am grateful to be a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints. I know that it is the Lord`s church and that only through His church can we be made the men and women that He wants us to be. I have seen these things touch the lives of countless people!

I love you all and I hope you have seen a change in your lives as you have sincerely sought the Lord`s will. See you soon! ;)

Love,
Elder Cole

1. On the bus at 1 Am headed to Montevideo
2,3. We went to Aceguà today. It`s half Brazil and half Uruguay. 



No comments:

Post a Comment