Monday, December 19, 2016

Week 14

This week was tough. It's super hot and humid here and I just sweat all day. It's so nice to sit and talk to people in the shade, but all this week we walked in the sun. I'm not sure what happened, but ALL of the people we planned to talk to cancelled everyday this week. So we just walked in the sun for hours trying to find someone to talk to and rest. It wasn't that we didn't work hard, we just didn't find anyone that was willing to hear us.  Physically I'm exhausted and Spiritually I'm kind of lost in where we can go from here. We had a pretty good week last week, but this week it feels like everything is against us. At first we thought we just weren't working hard enough, but I felt like we were doing all we could do. So I prayed about it and asked the Lord if he was proud of the effort we had put in this week to do His work. And I feel that my answer is yes. Even though we have absolutely nothing to show for our work, the Lord is proud of us. And so after I received this answer, I am not discouraged. This week was just a learning experience. I just hope I have learned enough, and this week will be a little easier! Haha!

I will enjoy AC and shorts so much more after my mission. Haha! Really I'm glad to be here. And its hard. And its awkward sometimes to talk about Jesus on the street in a language I can barely speak... And then I feel the Savior's love for me and for the people I have the opportunity to live with. And all the bad things in my mission don't matter - actually I love the difficult times in my mission.  I have come to love the people and country of Uruguay! Also, today I signed some legal papers and so now I am an Uruguayan for the next two years!!! 

Love y'all! Hope y'all enjoy your Christmas - it really is a great time to think about our Big Brother, Jesus Christ. Know that He loves each of you. I know it, because I have felt His love! Merry Christmas!

Love,
Elder Cole
 
 
Parts of the family email:
 
Tell everyone thanks for the support and I always keep Warden in my prayers. 
 
I am keeping a journal and it's pretty detailed. I´m glad people enjoy my blog, I know my life here isn´t super interesting haha!
 
That´s crazy! Everyone is having babies! I´m going to have to meet lots of new little kids when I get home haha!
 
The food here is pretty average... we will see what I eat for Christmas. You guys don´t need to send me anything really, I actually don´t know what I am going to buy myself for Christmas... haha! I don´t really have any hobbies right now. 
 
Love y'all but don´t worry I´m not home sick, every time I start to miss home, I take that as a reminder that I need to focus on the mission more and then I forget all about you guys ;)  Haha!
 
They say for every drop of sweat on your mission your wife is prettier too.... Good thing I'm drenched every night haha!
Love,
Elder Cole
This is my Latino Companion from last week! He's from here, but doesn't have another male in his house so he lived with us for three days after he was set apart as a missionary and before he left for the MTC. It was weird to work as a trio...
 
 
 This is from the skit we did at the Ward Christmas Dinner.

 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment