Wednesday, December 7, 2016

Week 12

This week was just normal for the most part. We have changes this week, but me and my companion are staying here for at least six more weeks. I enjoy it here, and I hope that I can see some of our investigators baptized before I leave. Right now it has been hot, but not too bad. It´s different that it is almost Christmas and I'm sweating and getting sunburned. Haha! But the people here are super nice and always offer us water. The water here is kinda clean, but most people buy water in bottles so that is more safe. They also really love carbonated water and so we drink that a ton in people´s homes... it´s awful... Haha! But I´m thankful for the generosity of the people!

The people here are super friendly and greet each other with a kiss on the cheek. Of course we can´t greet the women like this, but I´ve never been kissed by so many men in my life! It was really awkward at first, but I´m starting to get over it! Haha!

We also had a Stake Conference this week. It was good! Our Mission President and his wife spoke in the Sunday session! It was nice to see them!

Also this week we taught the Law of Chastity to one of our investigators... He´s a big black guy from Brazil and wants to get baptized, and he is trying to quit drinking tea little by little so we are really excited! And then we taught the Law of Chastity... I won´t go into the details, but he kinda rejected the whole idea of this commandment, and he´s a lawyer so he just hit us with every question and doubt he could think of. It was impossible to get the message across. We told him we would come back and explain more and answer his questions.  Since that lesson we´ve been preparing and studying the Law of Chastity for hours. We are teaching him again this week to answer his questions! Please pray for us haha! 

Hope y´all are well! Enjoy Christmas! Praying for y´all from here! 
 
Love,
Elder Cole
 
Part of his email to the family:
 
Since I have arrived in Uruguay, Uruguay has had its first earthquake, tsunami, and tornado in a long time... some people say this is the first time ever in Uruguay! Its insane here, people think the world is ending haha!

Thanksgiving dinner
 
 
The mission
 

 
 
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment