Thursday, December 29, 2016

Week 15

Trace was only able to send out a quick email before the Internet crashed at the cafe he was at, so there was no group email. Some special people may have received an individual one. Anyways, we will post his family one here. He said he will send pics next week. A couple things he said in his Skype session with us is that they were having a rainstorm on Christmas so when they came home from church, their house was flooded. They walked in without shoes and found their power strip submerged in water. They were lucky to not be electrocuted. He said he got our package right before Christmas and was most excited about the Doritos. He said the Doritos were crushed in a million pieces but it didn't matter to them.  

It was good just to see y'all! I wasn´t really sure what to say haha! But I´m glad I got to see everyone. I thought that I might be sad when it was over, but really I was just happy to see you guys! Thanks for all the money haha! When will it be in my account? 
The food you sent this last time was great! If you could send me some floss picks that would be nice cause they don't have those, and I don't like using string floss! I am going to make the brownies today! I am actually really excited to eat brownies haha! Hope y'all enjoy your day of shopping!  

This week was good! We actually got to talk to a lot of people and it was just fun to be a missionary during Christmas! We met two older men in their 70's this week. One is pretty fit, but he is missing an eye so there is a chunk of flesh in the socket that moves with the other one, and during the lessons I have to try and focus on his good eye! Haha! The other guy is super weak and has a catheter (however you spell that...a bag to pee in) It was kinda awkward to talk to him at first, but he's super nice and just super grateful to talk to members of the church, cause for years he couldn't leave his house. We gave him a hymn book for Christmas cause he loves music, but didn't have one. 
On Christmas Eve we went to a bunch of different houses and sang a hymn and at every house they gave us something to eat. The last house we ate asado! It was really great! But after that I was sick... I still am cause yesterday we ate some more...  
I'll send pics. It was awesome to see y' all! I'm glad Grandma Kappel could be there! Hope she's well! Thanks for all the pictures, the other missionaries have been nagging me to print pictures of my family haha! The box was really nice! Anytime you want to send a box you can ;)  Love y' all!
Feliz Navidad,
Elder Cole

Here is a picture that I borrowed from a Senior couple's blog who is serving in Uruguay since Trace couldn't send pictures this week. So photo credit to the Wankiers. :) Hope they are okay with that.


No comments:

Post a Comment