Monday, November 28, 2016

Week Eleven

This week was good! I tried mate for the first time and it was awful, haha! It's a drink here in Uruguay and everyone drinks it 24/7, but it tastes like grass! I also got to eat lunch for Thanksgiving in the house of some great members! The dad works in the US embassy here and knows a little about it. It was different, but still super great to celebrate Thanksgiving in Uruguay!

Also this week I had my first true Uruguayan rain storm. I was soaked! We were the only people in the streets the whole time and it was some of the longest 6 hours of my life! I had a good rain jacket that kept the top half of me dry, but it was also super humid so the bottom half of me was wet with rain and the top half of me was wet with sweat... It was an experience at least haha!

Also a member gave me a peanut butter and jelly sandwich and it was the greatest thing anyone has given me so far here in the mission! Here in Uruguay they don´t have peanut butter and it was so nice just to taste something American haha! The food here´s great, but it isn´t like home.

We have also been doing service the last few weeks for a family, and we are helping them build their house. This last Friday we moved right around 30,000 pounds of dirt to help level the ground... and we did it with buckets! It was hard work, but I love service! We had 8 missionaries helping and it took right around 4 hours.

This week we also lost four investigators. But I just remember the talk by Elder Rasband and he talked about how we are here to find the people God has prepared to accept His gospel. I guess these people just aren´t quite ready yet, and that my job at this point in their lives was to prepare them a little bit more. We have another investigator who wants to get baptized and is doing awesome and making some real changes in his life! That´s the best part of being a missionary is seeing the things that we are sharing with people are helping them make changes in their own lives to follow and come closer to God and Jesus Christ! The feeling is indescribable! Haha!

Also I would encourage everyone to go to www.Mormon.org and check out the new church video for Navidad! It´s awesome! I love this video because it shows that the little things that we do are similar to the miracles that Christ did during His life! It´s the little things that we can do everyday that will change lives! The lives of others and ourselves, I know that every person can choose to follow the Savior at any point in their life! We can each feel the love the Savior has for others and for us when we act as He did and serve those around us! The video is pretty short, but the message is powerful.

Hope all is well at home! Its getting pretty hot here and I have to wear sunscreen everyday haha! Love y´all! 

Love,
Elder Cole
 
Parts of the Email to the family:
 
Sounds like this week has been really great for y´all! Elder Rasband talked about missionary work and the Spirit about it. He also talked about how we as missionaries are the only ones who can really share the gospel and this is our opportunity for two years to do all we can for the Lord.
 
The weather is hot, but survivable. The bugs aren´t bad. just have to wear spray. We actually have an investigator who is getting baptized in January. He´s pretty much ready he just has to start coming to church and that's the hardest part! But we´re excited cause he says he doesn´t feel like he needs to pray cause he always has a prayer in his heart. But this week he told us he has been praying! And feels like he has an answer! He is also starting to try and live the Word of Wisdom which was super hard for him! 
 
We actually did have thanksgiving with a member family cause the dad works at the US embassy here and knows about it. We had roast beef and grilled chicken and cubed potatoes! It was different but still really great!
 
I´ve been wearing my hat and everyone likes it. The call me a cowboy haha!
 
I also got sick for about a day, but it was awful because I couldn´t sleep! But after we studied the next day and started contacting people I totally forgot I was sick and felt fine! This was a tender mercy of the Lord haha! I never did throw up, just felt awful. Love ya Ma! I´ll email you on Tuesday next week cause we have a change so P-Day is Tuesday.  Love y´all! Hope everything at home is great! 
Love,
Elder Cole
Trace said about this picture: I'm enjoying...November.
 

 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment