Monday, November 7, 2016

Week Eight

(Most of Trace's email is answers to my questions, so that's why he talks about random stuff. We also did not receive a group email that he discusses toward the end of the email. We are curious if anyone got a group email from him?)

Hey Ma! Yeah, we walk everywhere and now that the blisters on my feet have started to turn into calluses, it isn't bad. It's a good sized area with several neighborhoods, but it's not like we have to walk miles to get from one to the next, they all kinda run together. Look up the LDS Church stake building in Obelisco, Las Piedras and we live like a block from there... other than that I have no idea haha! 

We eat with members everyday almost for lunch and it's great - I love the food here! But that is usually what we eat all day, maybe a piece of toast or an egg for breakfast, but I'm ok. 

The streets are really similar to Warden's, the major ones are paved (with lots of pot holes) and the smaller streets are dirty/gravel. 

I was cold, but now it's super hot and humid (it's awful)  I just lay on top of all my blankets cause it's too hot to wrap up. We actually have a washing machine so that's nice, but we have to hang dry our clothes and they just don't feel the same! 

We have to pay for the Internet, but its pretty cheap. Today is my first real P-day cause last week we had meetings in Montevideo, but all we've done so far is clean the house and fix our bathroom... or try at least... the shower leaks so there's water all over the bathroom floor all the time... it definitely isn't home. 

My comp is actually our district leader too so that's kinda cool and stressful for him. He's from West Jordan Utah, His name is Ryan Ward. He had a sister get married like 2 weeks ago while he is on his mission. 

Love seeing pics! Love Y'all! Funny you talked about cleaning a missionaries teeth because I hate to tell ya, but I'm a calculus builder! HAha! I've been brushing every morning and every night and I floss at night usually too, but I still have some calculus. But don't worry I know a good hygienist at home who can clean me up in a couple years ;)   

This week was good! I finally got to try asado, BBQ! It was really good! I ate kidney too... it's good I guess... kinda chewy and every once in a while you'll chew a ligament or something and its crunchy, but it wasn't bad. 

We did service for a member family this week cause there was a really windy day and the roof to their shed blew off, so we helped them build a new roof. The weather here is really nice right now, but its humid so I just sweat all the time! Also no one has AC so it doesn't matter what you do or where you go, YOU SWEAT! We had two baptisms this week! That was really cool to be a part of! Then at church in sacrament meeting I got to stand in the circle when our investigators received the Holy Ghost, so that was really special for me to be a part of! There was a less active member too that we had never met or knew about, who called us and asked for a priesthood blessing! So I got to anoint someone with oil for the first time and in Spanish too! I was kinda nervous, but it was fine. We visited the family later this week and the man says he feels healed! 

I also have another story, but I'm gonna put it in my group email so you can find it there. DO NOT SEND ME ANY PACKAGES RIGHT NOW! They are having a mail strike in Uruguay and no one can get mail packages. I can probably buy a sleeping bag here. I found out a place called La Paz is in my mission, I thought it was in the other... Mike Villareal says he knows families there so if you could talk to him and get names and maybe if I ever serve there I can look for them. La Paz is like 20 minutes from where I'm at now. 

Tell Hallie HAPPY BIRTHDAY for me! I'm excited to see how grown up she is when I get home! 

Love y'all!

Love,
Elder Cole

No comments:

Post a Comment