Monday, October 31, 2016

Week Seven

Hey Ma! My trainer is great! His name is Elder Ward from Utah, and he's only been here three months! But he´s really obedient and has taught me a lot.  I just hope I can help him a little eventually when we teach lessons, cause right now it's all him. Haha! The weather is kinda rainy some days and always at least a little windy. It gets cold at night and our house is nice, but it has cracks that lets the cold in and the back door doesn´t close right.... Other than that it's great! They do celebrate Halloween here, but its not as big. 

I'm in a city called Las Piedras. But my area is actually outside the city in little neighborhoods. My mission president seems really cool and is a good guy! I'm glad to be here! The flight was long and exhausting, but I made it alive and my bags made it too! Haha!  

I'll send pics next week. You would love it here Ma! No one brushes their teeth so you would have a hay-day cleaning them! It makes it really hard to understand people, especially the older people cause they're missing teeth so they don't enunciate very well. Its been hard, I don't understand most of what people say, but everyday I start to understand a little bit more so maybe by the end of two years I'll actually be able to have a conversation with some people! Haha! 

I haven't had any doors slammed cause people don't have doors here... They just have curtains, so most of the time they just tell us to come back later! Haha!

Let me know how your trip to Utah is if you go and tell grandma I love her! 

We have two baptisms coming up this Saturday and I didn't do anything, but I'll be there to smile in the pictures Haha! People here are kinda different sometimes, but its good! I got to teach part of a lesson by myself this week which was terrifying, but it went well and I think I'm kinda understandable... I had to get up and introduce myself this week in Sacrament meeting... it was interesting! Haha! Anyways I love it here! I LOVE SEEING PICS! Love y'all! 
- Elder Cole

Pictures I (Jaycie) got from the internet of Las Piedras





No comments:

Post a Comment