Sunday, October 16, 2016

Week Four

This week has actually been really boring and normal. Haha! On Saturday we got to teach real people from outside ¨the wall¨ and that was really cool! We taught 2 teenage girls who are members of the church, but they were really nice and spoke really slowly for us to understand! Haha! 

Then I got the chance to lead all the music in our sacrament meeting; and I never really did that before except a couple of times when I was 12, but it was good and I´m pretty sure they´ll have someone new do it this week haha! 

I´m getting super pumped to go to Uruguay, but I´m also really scared because I am not sure I´m all that ready for it! But I know I´ll learn a ton as soon as I get out there! And I´m so excited to start teaching people about the Gospel and see it bring joy and blessings into their lives! I know it’s going to be hard, but I would not be learning much if I wasn´t having to struggle all the time! I´ve had so many spiritual experiences now and I know that the Lord is leading me every day cause there’s no way I could do this by myself! 

I´ve been trying to memorize right around 220 words a day so that when I leave the CCM I kind of have a basic Spanish vocabulary, but we’ll see how many words I actually get memorized haha! I love it here and I´m looking forward to seeing the people of Uruguay! 

This week our district has been helping the newest missionaries learn Spanish and it’s so awkward because I feel like I don´t know anything haha! Anyways love y´all! I pray for everyone back home every day! Hope y´all are doing well! I will be emailing on Wednesday next week and next week and my last week here in Mexico! See y´all in less than 2 years! 

Love,
Elder Cole  

A little from his family email:

I heard from another missionary about the politics going on at home... I´m kinda glad I won´t be in the US for a couple years... Yes, we get recess every day for an hour and we play basketball or volleyball most days, it´s really nice to just let go and not have to think about Spanish for a little while. Today for P-day we did some cleaning, 

That’s so cool that Mariah will be serving right next to me! That´ll be awesome to talk about our missions in 2 years! 

This week was kinda rough for my Spanish cause I´m still really lost and they are cutting our study time down so that we can teach more ¨investigators¨ so I have absolutely zero time to study just Spanish except during meals. I´ve been receiving a lot of personal revelation lately! It’s been incredible! I can be so lost with what I am going to teach my investigator next, and then I pray and I just feel the Spirit and I just know what needs to be said, and I´m not even teaching real people yet!  

Last Sunday I lead the music in sacrament meeting! Good thing I learned when I was a deacon or that would have been really embarrassing!  

Overall the CCM is great and I´m loving it here! Love y´all! See ya in 699 days! 

-Elder Cole
Ps: My umbrella broke.













No comments:

Post a Comment