Wednesday, October 19, 2016

Week Five

The last few days have been really great! The General Young Women´s President of the Church came and talked, and she toured our class so that was kinda neat! She said hi to me haha.

I also had a really cool experience in my class this last week. We teach our teachers, as they pretend to be non-member investigators. Me and Elder Christensen haven´t had much luck teaching one of the investigators. So we decided to try something new and we didn´t teach really any doctrine or share scriptures, we just shared our testimonies.  I shared a story about my dad and how he really didn´t go to church as a youth, and that I was grateful for the decisions both my parents made because I was born in the church, have a great life, and I´m now on a mission! After the lesson I thought it had gone well because I was able to share that story in Spanish and it was understandable, so my Spanish was obviously improving! Haha! Elder Christensen didn´t enjoy the lesson because he felt like he didn´t know what to say throughout the lesson. When our teacher gave us feedback, she told us that the lesson was good... and then she started to cry. She said that our lesson was what SHE needed to hear, not her fake investigator, but her. She said that the things each of us said touched her heart. But I know that it wasn´t what I said because nothing I said was significant in any way, but the Spirit was there and helped her understand what God wanted her to hear. I´m so glad I was able to see the Spirit work through me! I can´t wait until I can help bring these feelings and changes to people in Uruguay! I´m so glad to be on a mission it´s been a great experience so far and I´m not even in Uruguay yet!

We got our travel plans this week and I´ll be headed to Uruguay Monday night! It´s an 8.5 hour flight to Chile, we´ll have a 3 hour lay-over there and then it’s about 2.5 hours to Uruguay Tuesday morning! I´m super excited... but with all the new books that I got here at the CCM, my bags are too heavy so the next few days I´ll be figuring out exactly what I need to survive in Uruguay! Haha!

Anyways I know the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints is God´s church and I´m so glad I get to share that with the people of Uruguay next week! Not sure when I will be able to email again, but I love y´all and I hope everything is alright back at home!
Love,

Elder Cole 









The view outside the wall



No comments:

Post a Comment