Monday, April 17, 2017

Week 31

This week was the Holy Week... and actually it was super hard to do missionary work, because everyone was on vacation haha! But it was still a great week, and we really got to celebrate the  resurrection of Jesus Christ!

On Wednesday I had a six hour bus ride to get to my new area, but I made it!  The area is pretty close to Brazil and some people here speak Portuguese too. My new area is really relaxed and the people are a little more friendly. The area has had some bad luck these last few months, and so we are kind of starting over with the mission work here. We have walked a lot these last three days! But we are really seeing the area progress, and I am excited to see in what way the Lord will use me to bless these people and our ward. I am in the biggest city in the department of Treinta y Tres, but it is still a pretty chill city and there is a lot of space. I have met a ton of new people already here, and I am looking forward to knowing more!

We shared a lot about Easter this last week with everyone that would let us talk to them. It is so incredible that Christ gave His life for us. It wasn´t taken from Him, but he freely gave it so that we could progress in this life. I am just really grateful for His love and mercy for me. It is kind of difficult to think that for my mistakes He suffered and died. And then I remember why we celebrate Easter. Christ didn´t just suffer and die for us, but He rose from the dead and He lives again. It is so great that as a missionary, I can share this message with others - that Christ lives and love them, and that like Him we, each of us, will live again!  I love Easter a lot more now that I am on the mission and can really understand and testify of the importance of that day! 

Love yall! Hope all is well! I am loving it here! Stay safe, all the Uruguayans think World War III is coming! Haha!
 
Love,
Elder Cole
 
 
Parts from the family email:
 
Thanks Ma! You can accept all those people on Facebook. I am feeling better now, and I was ok during the trip.
 
I am in the main city of 33 and it is pretty nice. My towns name is Treinta y Tres... 
 It is waaaaaayyyyyy different here than in Las Piedras! It is way more relaxed, and there aren´t so many people.
 
My comp is cool and we get along well!
 
My stalker...(Trace had a stalker but we won't get into that on the blog...hit me up for more details haha)  
 
That´s so funny that dad is in the bishopric! Thanks for the mission call updates. That´s crazy that Conrad got married! I forgot about that! That´s awesome!
 
Easter here was good, but it felt kinda like a normal day, we worked like usual. But it was good. They don´t do the whole eggs and Easter bunny stuff here.
 
This week was good. There hasn´t been a whole lot of work done in our area for a while.... the last baptism was over a year ago. But we are really starting to see some progress, and I hope that I can be an instrument to help jump start the ward again. Elder Andersen seems excited to finally get some work done. I realize now how blessed I was with such a great area before, but I am looking forward to applying what I learned in Las Piedras, here. We have done a lot of walking and finding these last few days. The people are super nice here and we have a good ward, it is small only like 30 people show up, but I think we can help with that! Haha! Love y'all!

Love,
Elder Cole

No comments:

Post a Comment