Tuesday, November 7, 2017

Week 60

This week was great! We had a ton of work to do, but we also saw a ton of blessings everyday! This last week we had the chance to talk with President Eddy one-on-one in our interviews! It is always great to talk to him and get some extra guidance.  We are also in changes week! But luckily I am not getting changed and will be here in Maldonado with Elder Guañuna for another 6 weeks! We will see miracles here! 

This week we also made the decision to go to some parts of our area that we haven´t worked in very much and see if we could find people that were prepared to hear the Gospel. I was a little nervous because if we didn´t find anything we would be wasting time traveling and would loose a full day of work. We actually ended up finding a few really good people that have been prepared by the Lord to hear this message! We even found some great families and they seemed super excited to see us. At one point as a young man prayed with us he said, "Thank you for sending the missionaries that I have been waiting for."  I actually felt a little guilty that we hadn´t gone out there to find him sooner and he has had to wait so long haha! 

With all the miracles we saw this week we also saw a lot of opposition. I have realized throughout my mission, but particularly this week, the influence of Satan over the families. This week we taught a really amazing woman, who would be baptized so fast, but she has to get married and her "partner" doesn´t want to. She actually sent us a message the other day saying that she didn´t want to keep coming to church because it would be impossible to be baptized for that reason... and both my companion´s and my heart broke... She isn´t the only one either. There have been at least 4 families here in Maldonado that love the church and want to be baptized, but for different reasons cannot accept marriage and for that reason their spiritual progression has stopped. I honestly believe that the culture and way of thinking that Satan has managed to create regarding marriage in these last days has become one of the greatest stumbling blocks keeping people for being truly happy. People just don´t understand the blessings that come from a family bond by marriage, they just see it as a piece of paper. I am so glad for the blessings of having a family united in marriage and a family that I can spend the eternities with. It has been and will be one of the greatest blessings in my life and I am here right now to help others have those blessings too!

President Gordon B. Hinkley said,

“I see wonderful future in very uncertain world. If we will cling to our values, if we will build on our inheritance, if we will walk in obedience before the Lord, if we will simply live the gospel, we will be blessed in magnificent and wonderful way. We will be looked upon as peculiar people who have found the key to peculiar happiness."

I love yall! Hope ya have a great week!

Love,
Elder Cole


Parts from the family email:

Hey Ma! We got the changes last night and I am STAYING! I am super glad to be staying here one more change with Elder Guañuna! We have so much good things set up right now that we will for sure see big things this next change! 

I saw Hallie´s picture and it is so funny that she is the Keeper of Romance! Brenton looks taller, but I am still holding out on a little bit of hope that I will grow a little in the mission! But he can have more armpit hair than me, I will let him win that one ;) 

Where are you guys at in the Book of Mormon right now? I am at the end of Alma in my personal study.

I was thinking about Cody the other day. I hope Kris is doing well!

That is crazy that you already have snow! I don´t remember it being like that when I was home. 

I will keep you in my prayers like always! Thanks for the Spiritual thought!

Love,
Elder Cole


This is a tortugon.. or part of it anyway... 

No comments:

Post a Comment