Tuesday, October 31, 2017

Week 59

Well this week was a good one! This week we had a multi-zone conference with over 40 missionaries and President Eddy! It was great! I love getting the chance to hear from President Eddy and learn from him and just become a better missionary and an overall better person! Just when I start thinking that I have got this whole missionary thing figured out President Eddy teaches something else and I realize just how little about teaching the Gospel that I actually know haha! 

This week I also had the chance to do a few baptismal interviews for a family that was going to be baptized! There is absolutely nothing like feeling the Spirit guide you when you are in an interview like that. I know that I could not have done it without the Spirit. There were a few times that I would think to myself, "Is this person really ready to be baptized?" And instantly I would just know, I would just feel that, yes, they were ready to make this covenant with the Lord. I just leave the room after every interview and I think about it and I don`t even feel like I did the interview at all, but someone else acting through me! 

Just feeling the Spirit lead me like this made me remember a quote by Elder Neil L. Andersen in the last General Conference, 
"I promise you that as you prepare your spirit and come with the anticipation that you will hear the voice of the Lord, thoughts and feelings will come into your mind that are customized especially for you."

I have no doubt that this promise from an Apostle of the Lord is true! I have felt it! And I know that you have too! I hope that as I continue throughout my mission and my life that I can continue to feel the profound influence of the Holy Ghost.

I hope this week is a great one for all of you! You are always in my prayers!

Love,
Elder Cole

1. We hiked Cerro del Toro this P-day and got some pictures with a bull statue. 
2. All of us with the bull
3. We visited some caves and took some silhouette photos





Photo credit to the Wankiers:



No comments:

Post a Comment