Tuesday, October 3, 2017

Week 55

Wow! This week was great! The whole week was just super busy and fun, but General Conference this weekend was without a doubt something special! It was too bad that President Monson couldn`t have been there, but the other talks were just as powerful as anything President Monson could have told us. As I listened to every session, it seemed like there were a few things that several speakers brought up, humility, service, social websites, ect. But by far the most talked about subject during this General Conference was the Book of Mormon! 

I think that it is incredible that just six months after President Monson gave his 3 to 4 minute talk about the importance of the Book of Mormon, the Apostles and General Authorities of the church expanded and deepened the prophets message that every member, no matter the age, should read the Book of Mormon everyday! I liked President Nelson`s talk a lot as he focused on the importance and power of the Book of Mormon. President Nelson asked three questions that really inspired me to reflect on my answers, "How would my life be without the Book of Mormon?" "What would I not know" "What would I not have?"  I love the Book of Mormon and to hear the Apostles speak of it so much really inspired me to learn to love it even more. My testimony of this church is based in that the Book of Mormon is the word of God.  I don`t know where I would be if I hadn`t had the chance to study the Book of Mormon, but I know that I wouldn`t be in Uruguay sharing something that I really love!

Just as the conference ended we headed to the home of some people that we had met earlier in the week. As we got to know them we learned that they were really strong in their Evangelist church. It was amazing to see their love for the Bible and their willingness to follow the Savior Jesus Christ. We taught them about Christ`s church and the restoration of the Gospel through Joseph Smith. We then explained a little of the Book of Mormon and that`s when the father of the family began to verbally attack us. He wasn`t malicious or mean, but was firm in his doubts about the Book of Mormon. For some time we debated and talked using spiritual experiences, examples and even the Bible to back up the truth of the Book of Mormon, but after all that was said, all I could do in the end was bear testimony that I know that The Book of Mormon is the the word of God. No one can take that knowledge from me, and as we testified of the truths that we know, both my companion and I were filled with feelings of power, peace and asurity that I am not sure I have felt before. 

Without a doubt the Book of Mormon is from God. I am so glad to be a missionary at this time in my life so that I can share this knowledge with others. My testimony is not close to the ones that we heard in General Conference, but it truly is an honor for me to bear my testimony  of the Book of Mormon to the people of Uruguay, just as the Apostles of Jesus Christ bore theirs to the world this last weekend. 

President Nelson ended his talk with the promise that we will receive guidance and answers as well as power against temptation, if we study the Book of Mormon everyday. I know that his promise is real and I hope to see more of God`s power and guidance as I study each day. 

Love Yall,

Elder Cole



Parts from the family email, answering my questions:

Hey Ma! The conference was super great! It is always super awesome to hear form the apostles! My companion is cool. He`s going to BYU after too, and we get along pretty well. No, I haven`t had any luck with my comps having available sisters haha... You can pray for Ismael, Rosa and Ismael, Sabino and the Madruga family. President Eddy is super great! He isn`t strict at all, we just follow what the mission manual says and he doesn`t add anything more to it. He is super inspired and its always great to hear him talk. I wouldn`t be too surprised if he is a general authority after his time as mission president. Hermana Eddy is super great. She is super sweet and just tries to always help as much as she can. Love ya Ma!

Love,
Elder Cole  




No comments:

Post a Comment