Monday, October 23, 2017

Week 58

This week was tough... We saw a lot of miracles and we worked hard, but it was a week when I was shown what weaknesses I have. I guess it is good, now I can move forward and be better. I am hopeful that this week will be better and that I will be better too haha! I realized this week that recently I have been too prideful. I guess I haven`t relied on the Lord as much as I have needed to. I have learned on my mission that the Lord needs His servants to be humble, either we can choose to be humble or we can be obliged to be humble, but a true servant of the Lord will always be humble. I realized last night that this week was a wake up call for me to be better and I look forward to seeing what I can do this next week, holding nothing back and just relying on the Lord with faith!  This week helped me understand again a talk by Elder Bednar,

"Each of us also carries a load. Our individual load is comprised of demands and opportunities, obligations and privileges, afflictions and blessings, and options and constraints... Sometimes we mistakenly may believe that happiness is the absence of a load. But bearing a load is a necessary and essential part of the plan of happiness... The unique burdens in each of our lives help us to rely upon the merits, mercy, and grace of the Holy Messiah. I testify and promise the Savior will help us to bear up our burdens with ease...  We also will pray for the strength to learn from, change, or accept our circumstances rather than praying relentlessly for God to change our circumstances according to our will. We will become agents who act rather than objects that are acted upon."

This week I also had the chance to hike Cerro Pan de Azucar! It is one of the highest points in Uruguay and it was great to hike again! It was also super cool to get to visit a national Uruguayo landmark and climb the big cross at the top of the mountain! 

This week was great, it was tough, I am glad it is over, but I wouldn`t ever give up the chance to be on the mission sharing the Gospel! There is a love and a light in the eyes of other people as they, little by little, change their lives and no bad week will ever make me wish I was home! I love you all! 

Love,
Elder Cole​






No comments:

Post a Comment