Monday, November 27, 2017

Week 63

This week was great! I had the chance to work with two other missionaries that are in our zone and I really learned a lot from them! I just seemed to see a ton of little miracles that helped me know that the Lord is with us! 

One miracle we saw this week should have been a miracle we saw two weeks ago. One night we didn`t have much to do and as we looked for someone to teach we thought of a young guy we had met a couple of weeks back, but he plays soccer and is super hard to find at home. We decided to go look for him anyways even though we knew it was probably a long shot. Like we expected he wasn`t home, but he lives on the end of a long dark passage way and there was always another door about halfway along that we had never knocked. We decided to knock it and ended up finding a really cool lady and her three kids! She told us that she and her husband have been wanting to talk to us, and that a few weeks ago they saw us knocking the other door and as we left she tried to come out and invite us in to talk to them , but we had already left. A few weeks ago (I am pretty sure that very same night) both Elder GuaƱunua and I felt like we should knock that door, but we didn`t and we missed the opportunity to find this super cool family! I have no doubt that the Spirit was trying to lead us to them weeks ago, but we just didn`t listen and that this week we had finally given the attention that was needed so that we would find that family! To be honest it`s kind of embarrassing that we weren`t paying attention before, but I am glad that the Lord had patience with us and helped us run into this family now! 

This week we just kept working with the families from last weeks email and we are really excited for them to keep growing spiritually and making these great changes in their lives! 

Today we had a zone activity and we ate Thanksgiving dinner (for lunch)! It was great! Not exactly the same as the states, but we made it work! We had a couple of chickens, mashed potatoes with gravy, corn, lemon pie, french fries, and a cool Brazilian dessert! It was definitely a Thanksgiving that I won`t forget! Haha! 

Hope all is going well at home! Uruguay is a blast and I love being here! Love y'all!

Love,
Elder Cole


Parts from the family email:

This week was good. We had a couple of exchanges with other elders and they all went pretty well. I get kind of nervous being the example, but I always feel like the Lord helps me be good enough to help the other missionaries haha! Then we headed to Montevideo nice and early, because I did some paper work to become a Uruguayan citizen! In just a couple of weeks I will have my own Id haha! All is good here Ma! Love ya!

Love 
<Elder Cole


No comments:

Post a Comment