Monday, December 4, 2017

week 64

This week was good! It was a week full of miracles and hard days haha! I really got to see how much I have grown over this last 14 months!

That miracle family that we found last week is just a blessing! We had the chance to go by and really get to know them this last week and we found out that the father is a less-active member, but that the rest of the family has never been baptized. The dad still has good memories of the church and seems like he still believes in a lot of church standards. When we invited the mother and oldest daughter to be baptized they got really excited and the mother even asked if she could be baptized this Saturday! We had to slow her down a little and explain that she would need a little time to prepare. When we find people like this family it makes all the rest of the harder days worth it! 

After talking to this family we were feeling really good and I guess the Lord chose to humble us because for the next three days we just walked non-stop haha. They were reeeeaaaaallly long days, but I really reflected on the faith that I have come to have during my mission. When I started my mission I would have had a day like that and I would have felt down and blamed myself. A lot of times I have had thoughts like, "if only I had more faith then the Lord would help us find someone to teach" or "If I was a better missionary than we wouldn`t just be wasting time in the street". Now I feel a lot more confidence in the Lord! I know that if He wants me to walk in the street from 10am til 9pm then I will do it.... and I will do it willingly. I would prefer to be teaching and talking to people all the time, but I know now that as long as I am giving ALL that I can, then all I can do is trust in the Lord and He will do His will. 

This week had its ups and its downs and I am really glad to have had a week like this! I have learned a lot and have really learned to start loving the people as Jesus loves them. I still have a long way to go, but i love the people here in Uruguay and I wouldn`t rather be living anywhere else! I hope you all had a great week and that this week is even better! Love y'all!

Love,
Elder Cole

No comments:

Post a Comment