Tuesday, December 12, 2017

Week 65

This week was great! I finally became a legal Uruguayan citizen! It only took me 14 months, but it finally happened haha! While we were there we were really close to the most famous plaza in all of Uruguay, Plaza Independecia, so I swung over there and visited it! It was great! Usually we can`t go there because it is in the other mission in Uruguay, but since we were already there I took advantage of the opportunity! 

Last Sunday (not yesterday, but the one before) we had to go looking for some investigators right before church started and by the time we went and got the investigators and made it back to church we had missed the Sacrament. I have missed the Sacrament before the mission and I always felt like something was missing during those weeks, but this week I definitely felt a difference. It was incredible to feel the lack of the Spirit throughout the week. Most of the time I didn`t notice, but there were times that I felt less powerful spiritually... This week as I thought about Sacrament and the affect that it has on me I just happened to read in 3 Nephi chapter 20 during my personal studying and I read about when Jesus institutes the Sacrament among the Nephites, 

7 But he truly gave unto them bread to eat, and also wine to drink.
8 And he said unto them: He that eateth this bread eateth of my body to his soul; and he that drinketh of this wine drinketh of my blood to his soul; and his soul shall never hunger nor thirst, but shall be filled.
9 Now, when the multitude had all eaten and drunk, behold, they were filled with the Spirit; and they did cry out with one voice, and gave glory to Jesus, whom they both saw and heard.

When I read this I realized just how important it is to take the Sacrament every week and be "filled with the Spirit".  This week I truly gained a testimony of the importance and power of the Sacrament! It is an ordnance so important that Jesus taught it just before his death to his apostles in Jerusalem and just after his resurrection as He visited the Americas!

This week we also had the baptism of Victoria, Veronica and Cesar! They are 3 super awesome youth that have really made some changes in their lives to follow Jesus Christ! We just happened to knock their door about a month ago when another lesson that we had fell through and I have no doubt that the Lord led us there! Since then we have had the opportunity to teach them  and help them overcome their challenges as they have chosen to follow Christ! The mission truly is something special and I can`t imagine what I would be doing if I wasn`t here! It is a blessing to be an instrument in the Lord`s hands! 

Hope y'all have a great week! Love ya!

Love,
Elder Cole

1. Having some fun at the beach
2. The Baptism!
3&4. Plaza de Independencia






No comments:

Post a Comment