Monday, January 8, 2018

Week 69

This week was exhausting! We had a great week and I feel like we were just going 100 mph all week! I had the chance to work with almost half the Elders in Rocha this week and it was so great to get to know them, guys from all over the world, and learn from them! I am really excited to see what we can do here together these next few months to help the people in Rocha! 

This week I have no doubt that the Lord was going before us and preparing the way. It just seemed like everywhere I looked there was another little miracle, and there were times when I felt the Lord tell me directly, "talk to him" or "knock that door".  We didn`t always have success or find someone that wanted to hear the gospel, but we did leave every situation knowing that in someway we had helped that person and had done what the Lord needed us to.

This week we heard that President Thomas S. Monson passed away.  He always had the best stories and I loved hearing him speak! I know he was a prophet of God. There is one quote from him that I have always loved, 

"Dare to be a Mormon; Dare to stand alone. Dare to have a purpose firm; Dare to make it known."

If all we can do is be an example for other people in our lives, the Lord will help them see the light of the Gospel and feel his love through us. As a missionary I have the chance to share the Gospel with everyone and it is something everyone needs! Others can be blessed as we "dare to be a Mormon" and "dare to make it known".

I hope your weeks are amazing! It is a blessing to be here! It has been getting a little hot recently, but it just means more tourists here in Rocha for me to teach haha! Love y'all!

Love,
Elder Cole

No comments:

Post a Comment