Tuesday, January 2, 2018

Week 68

This week was a really fast one! We saw a ton of miracles here in Rocha this last week and I really can`t describe what its like to be here. The area that I am in right now is not like any other area that I have been in yet. The people are still the same and the culture hasn`t changed, but there is a Spirit in my work right now that seems new. I had the chance to work with a few of the other missionaries in our zone this week and it was a lot of fun to get to know these missionaries better! I have really made so many friends here and not just from Uruguay, but all parts of the world! 

Last night we had the chance to spend New Year`s Eve with a nice little old lady in our branch! She has never been married, had kids and lives completely alone. It was really great just to spend time with someone that really needed the company, even if it was just for a few hours. I must have been feeling really tired last night too because I proposed the idea that we sing some hymns to end the year. I absolutely HATE singing with people, but the other missionaries agreed and I felt the Spirit incredibly strong during that time. I am sure we sounded like a bunch of suffering cats, but the nice sister said that it made her night haha! I guess I have been thinking a lot this week about how the little things we do make a big difference, in our lives and the lives of others! 

I hope you all had a wonderful New Year and I look forward to seeing all that comes in 2018! 2017 really was an incredible year of my life! Hope all is well at home! Love y'all!

Love,
Elder Cole

1. . My companion and I
2. The sister also gave us each a jasmine (is that what the flower is called in English?)
3. Just being missionaries (Friendly people working for you)  :)



No comments:

Post a Comment