Monday, July 23, 2018

Week 97

This week was good! My new companion, Elder Sarango, is a really good missionary and just a great guy! We saw a lot of little miracles this week and have really felt blessed! 

This week we had the baptism of Yelsi! Yelsi is the Grandma of our Ward Mission Leader and one week she called him and told him to go pick her up and take her to church. She is a really funny lady and we have really come to love her! Over the last 4 weeks as we have taught Yelsi, we have had to yell to teach her because she is a little deaf, but last week her grandson gave her a blessing and blessed her with the ability to hear better. Yelsi is still kind of deaf, but has been able to hear, understand and enjoy more of what we are teaching. It brought a light into her life. I look forward to the day, in the next life, when I will be able to talk to Yelsi without having to yell at her haha! I look forward to really getting to know her better later in the eternities. 

Several times we taught Yelsi and asked, Michael, her grandson to come with us and help us. One night he came with his wife and their 2 small children. It was a really special experience for me to see the way that Michael lovingly talked with his grandmother and the way that his 7 year old daughter, Shazmin, also participated in the discussions. As I sat there it brought back memories from when I was younger and I would go with my dad to visit his grandmothers. It took me away from the lesson for a second as I thought about the way that my dad had spent time with his grandmothers and took me along with him too. It was truly a special moment on Saturday to see Michael baptize Yelsi. I am glad that I am able to be a part of such a great experience now that more of this family will be together in the eternities!  

Love yall!

Elder Cole

1.Yelsi´s baptism
2. A traditional Peruvian food, Arroz Chaúfa (Living with 2 Peruvians isn´t all bad haha!)


No comments:

Post a Comment