Monday, January 9, 2017

Week 17

This week was good! Nothing super interesting happened this week.... I lived through my first RED ALERT in Uruguay I guess haha. It was kinda insane! There was more rain than I have ever seen in my life! We had to run like 5 blocks to get to our house and the first 3 blocks I was using my umbrella, but the last 2 blocks I just folded it up cause I was soaked anyway! The dirt roads were all rivers! 

This week we had a baptism for a little nine year old girl and she`s awesome! Her parents aren`t members, and she`s been going to church with her uncle. Before we even started teaching her, she was praying by herself in her home and teaching her parents about Eternal Life and that families can live together forever! She`s just the perfect example of someone that really wants to follow Christ. And she`s only nine! 

Because we were prepping for the baptism this week, some of our other responsibilities kinda suffered. And my companion was kinda having a hard time accepting it and I was kinda bummed too. But then I think about the things we did this week, and I`m just so happy with the work we did. It might not be reflected on our report to the mission, but we helped a lot of people take steps closer to Christ and we shared a lot of happy moments with people this week. This week was just great! I won`t let myself get too bummed about our report, because this week we worked for people, not numbers! 

Hope all is well at home! Sounds like there`s a ton of snow! There`s a ton of rain here! Haha! Praying for y`all! Love ya! 

Love,
Elder Cole


Parts from the family email:

Hey Ma! I´m not real sure why we are so tired, but we are... haha! I haven`t fallen asleep in a lesson yet, but my companion has started to in 4 lessons! The people always notice and then ask him if he`s tired so its kinda funny! Haha! We are sleeping exactly like we are supposed to (in bed at 10:30 and up at 6:30) but we're struggling. 


This week was good. We were really focused on our two investigators closest to baptism and our other lessons so some of our numbers kinda suffered. I enjoyed this week of teaching. We also went to a neighboring town because the Hermanas in that area needed Elder Ward to do a baptism interview for one of their investigators. So we lost a lot of time that day. Also the investigator for the Hermanas wasn`t ready to be baptized. He was super great when they were teaching him and he really wants to be baptized, but he told Elder Ward in the interview that he can not accept tithing right now because he wants to have good things for his kids. The Hermanas were pretty shocked and kinda bummed. But really it`s good that he chose to share this because now the Hermanas know what they need to do to help him. And also I believe that once he is baptized, he will be an even stronger member because he will truly accept the gospel. It just goes to show that missionary work is hard because we are helping people change their lives. 

But our baptism was super great! And Pilar (the 9 year old) is super awesome and just enjoys the church! Love y`all! Miss y`all too! Hope the snow slows down a little haha!
 
Love,
Elder Cole




No comments:

Post a Comment