Monday, January 23, 2017

Week 19

This week was great! I was super nervous to get my first Latino companion because I'm not super confident I can speak Spanish, but actually it's been good! We pretty much talk about whatever and I can keep up haha! Sometimes I have no idea what he says, but I'm learning a little bit more at least! I am also the only white guy in my district, so I am completely immersed in Spanish now. Before there was two other white missionaries in our ward, so I could hear a little bit of English, but now there isn't anyone that speaks English for miles! But it's good I love talking to these guys, and I'm starting to feel confident in my speaking abilities. I also gave a talk for like 15 minutes in Sacrament Meeting this past Sunday.... It went well I think... I hope some people could understand me haha!

We found a part of our area that hasn't been contacted by missionaries in about a year. It's great but we have a ton of work to do! I'm working really well with my companion, and I am excited to see what kind of success we can have together in our area. I hope all is well at home! We are doing good here, just baking in the sun and drowning in the rain! Haha! Love y'all!

Love,
Elder Cole
 
A little from the family email:
 
Rodrigo is a super great investigator we have right now and he has a baptism date for next month. 
 
It´s been hot, but I´m getting used to suffering in the heat haha!

My new comp is Elder Ucañán. He´s pretty cool and I can talk to him pretty easily.... sometimes I have no idea what he says, but most times it's good! He has been here for a little over a year and is really good at teaching, so we are working well together.

Our investigator that got baptized last week is super great and wanted to be baptized. And without fail, every time there is a baptism, something goes wrong in the life of the investigator the week of... The day of the baptism we were in the house eating lunch and got a call from a member saying that our investigator was getting evicted from her house! I couldn´t believe it! These people are super poor and live in a one room home that is like 8 feet by 12 feet. We just got done giving them a new roof as a ward because every time it rains, everything they own gets wet. For the first time in at least two months, they could rest easy in the rain and three days later they get evicted! So right after lunch we visited them. They said they had an argument with the owner, but smoothed things over so now they can stay. But even before that happened, our investigator told us that it didn´t matter, she was getting baptized tonight! It was good! 

Also I am the only white guy in my district now so I am completely immersed in Spanish! It's good I can understand almost everything! Love y´all!
 
Love,
Elder Cole

No comments:

Post a Comment