Wednesday, February 1, 2017

Week 20

This week was good.... normal.... We are just working like usual and talking to as many people as we can.

We had Elder Stevensen, one of the Twelve Apostles, visit Uruguay and talk to all the leader missionaries. My companion got to go and meet him, but I stayed in Las Piedras with another missionary. I was kinda jealous haha! But it was all good and it was nice to work with an elder that was in the CCM with me.

We also had a world-wide broadcast from the church for missionaries.  We got to learn from some leaders of the church and they made a few changes to missionary work worldwide. Mostly it´s just paperwork and our schedule, but its a big change for us! Also, my companion and I forgot about the broadcast and we were about an hour late. But the other missionaries were late too so we only missed the first 15 minutes!  Also, since all other missionaries in the world were either sleeping or watching the broadcast, my companion and I were the only missionaries in the whole world walking the streets for about an hour haha!

We met a lot of really good people this week and I am really excited for the opportunity I have to meet these people and teach them the Gospel. Everyday is super long, but the weeks fly by! I can´t even remember what week I am on in my mission! I just think about one day, one person, at a time. I am learning a ton on my mission; and I get to meet a ton of people. I don´t think there is anything like being a missionary, and I am going to enjoy every day that I have. It's been hard, but its been worth it! Hope all is well at home! Sounds like the snow is finally melting! Love y'all!
 
Love,
Elder Cole


Parts from the family email:
 
Hey Ma!  We have one ward that we are in and its a pretty big ward for Uruguay. We have right around 100 people every week... usually more. Rodrigo is good he´ll be baptized the 11th of February. We have a lot of good investigators, its just the challenge of getting them to church.

I got my box! Thanks! I really needed a lot of that stuff! And the food is nice! My companion is from Trujillo. It's north of Lima.  My companion is good and we get along well.
 
Nothing interesting is really happening... We are just working like usual. We had a worldwide broadcast from the church this week and they announced that some things in the missions are going to change. The only thing really significant is that we get two more hours on P-day now! The other things are all changes with the records we have to keep. 

Everything is really good around here, just work like usual. Sorry my week was kinda boring. Love y'all!
 
Love,
Elder Cole

 


 

No comments:

Post a Comment