Tuesday, February 28, 2017

Week 24

This week was really great! I am really enjoying my mission and the chance I have to get to know new people. 

This week we had transfers!  And I will be staying in my area for another six weeks! I feel like I have been in Las Piedras forever! I am basically a part of the ward now haha! But after this next transfer I will have been in my first area for six months! It's kinda crazy to think about, but I am enjoying the time I have here! 

My companion also got transferred to be in the mission offices, so I am living with the Zone Leaders here until my new companion shows up tomorrow. He`s from Utah. 

This week I also had the chance to watch my first horse race in person! We live super close to the track and this week we had some free time during lunch, so we were able to watch the horse races for a little while! It was actually really cool! 

We also had the chance to go to the temple in Uruguay today! Usually we only go every six months but we got special permission to go with our ward and it was actually a really great experience to share with the members of our ward! 

These last few weeks have been a blur, and I actually don`t remember much about what happened this week! Haha! My mission is flying by... I still have a lot more left, but I kinda feel like I just got here! I love it here. I love the people here. And I love my opportunity to share the Gospel with the people here! Love ya`ll! I hope all is well with you guys and I`ll see ya in a little less than two years ;)  

Love,
Elder Cole


Parts from the family email:

Yeah that`s Elder Rodriguez from Peru and we swapped ties. They like to do that here I guess.

Rodrigo asked me the day of the baptism to baptize him. I tried talking him into using a member, but he was really persistent and it was a really great experience! We have had a baptism every week for the past three weeks and we have another one this Saturday... and another one planned in four weeks. The work is crazy here right now! I have baptized more people in my first six months than some missionaries here baptize in their whole mission, so I am actually really blessed with the area and companions I have! 

I think I have started dreaming in Spanish. 

This week was transfers and my companion got transferred! He was here for only six weeks! He got a call from Pres. Eddy right before our baptism this week, and the next day he left for the mission offices because he is a secretary now! That's really cool, but I am without a companion until tomorrow so I am living with the Zone Leaders! It also meant that I would be staying in Las Piedras for six more weeks! I love it here and the people are great! But after this transfer I will have six months in my first area and I was kinda hoping to get to know more of Uruguay and more missionaries.  But I will have another companion. Elder Sarkady from Utah. 

We had a baptism for a woman who is 87 years old. We baptized her together, Elder Ucañan and I, because we didn`t want to hurt her. It was good! 

We went to the temple today! Usually we can only go to the temple every six months, but today was P-day and our ward went to the temple so Pres. Eddy gave us permission to go to! It was really great! My first time inside the temple in Uruguay! We did baptisms for the dead and that was cool too cause usually the missionaries only do endowments! I am excited for this transfer and I know this is where I am needed! Love ya`ll! Love,

Elder Cole


No comments:

Post a Comment