Monday, March 6, 2017

Week 25

This week was really nice. My new companion is Elder Sarkady from Provo, Utah! He has been out here for 18 months so he´s on the downhill slide. He is pretty cool and we get along well! His Spanish is pretty good so it gives me hope maybe someday I won't talk like such a white guy! Haha!
 
This week we ran into a bishop from another ward here in Uruguay. We talked to him for a little while and then he showed us one of his hobbies.... he uses make-up to change his face to look like Michael Jackson and then he dresses up and performs lip-singing.... He has a bunch of videos on YouTube and it looks like he is pretty good at all the dance moves! Haha!
 
This week I had the chance to show my companion around our area and introduce him to some of the members. It´s really interesting the bond that I have started to build with the people here! I just feel like a part of Uruguay now... still struggle speaking Spanish and I am still sunburnt all the time, but I have so many friends here and I have come to love the people in Uruguay and the missionaries from other countries that I have had the chance to serve with! Love ya´ll! You´re in my prayers!
Love,
Elder Cole


Parts of the family email:

This week we had another baptism! This time it was for Lucia, the sister of Rodrigo! She´s super great and now their mom is starting to come back to church and we are still working to reactivate the dad, but little by little we´ll get there! Elder Ucanan, my past companion, got permission to come to the baptism and it was cool cause we had 8 missionaries in her baptism! It was also super awesome because we asked the YW to sing something for the baptism and they did! It was probably the best baptism I have had a part in so far in my mission! It was kinda stressful because right after we got everything figured out for the baptism the bishop called us and asked if we could move the baptism like two hours earlier! So we had to call everyone again and make sure they could still be there!

My new companion is Elder Sarkady. He´s from Provo, but his family is living in Pleasant Grove right now. He has 18 months in the mission, and he´s pretty cool. We get along well and he is obedient so we shouldn´t have many problems. Haha! Love y´all!




 
 
 
We tried to take a photo as a ward when we went to the temple.....


 
A concert near our house.

No comments:

Post a Comment