Monday, March 27, 2017

Week 28

This week was super good! We ended up having a conference with our mission president, and another zone came to our church to join us for the conference! It was super great to get to talk and meet some of the other missionaries in the mission! We also got to talk to our mission president and that´s always super cool! He´s a super great guy, and I just really learn a lot and feel a lot more excited for the mission work when we get the chance to talk to him!

Also this week we saw a few of the members of the ward come to church for the first time in like 30 years! I almost died when they walked in, because I honestly thought I would never see them come back to church! It was such an awesome Sunday!

We also had a girl come back to church this week (finally), and she seemed really excited to be back. We have been visiting her to try and help her get the courage to come back to church even if her parents wouldn´t. And yesterday all our hard work paid off!

I love the mission and the work we are doing! I am also super excited for General Conference this week! It will be different for sure to listen to it for the first time in Spanish, but I´m just excited to hear the words of living prophets! I just love General Conference, and I really wonder what I will learn this time! We talk to people everyday about the church and the blessing it is to have a living prophet and living apostles, and this week we can learn about the Gospel straight from their mouths!

Love ya´ll! Hope ya have a great week!
 
Love,
Elder Cole
 
Parts from the family email:
 
Hey Ma! It's all good here! My Spanish is pretty good. All the other missionaries say I speak pretty well, but I'm still working on the accent. All the white guys tell me that it´ll come with time, so I´m just waiting for it haha!
 
No, none of us are really good at singing, but if the ward asks us to do something we do it! Haha! The other guy that looks like me is from Sandy Utah and he´s been out for like 13 months or something like that.
 
Tell Grandma Cox I love her! Hope she is doing better!
 
I also need more Spanish CTR rings cause I´m giving them out.
 
You´ll have to send me a picture when you get the pigs! We are planning on having a baptism the 8th of April. That´ll be my last Saturday in Las Piedras. We had interviews with President Eddy this week and he told me that I will be leaving the area after this change. I´ll be in another part of Uruguay by the 12th.
 
I´m doing good! I enjoy it here. My shoes are alright now.... I fixed them ;)  
This week was good... normal.... we did manage to get four investigators in church yesterday and three less active members that haven´t been to church in years so that was really cool! Hey I saw on the news at an investigators house that something is going on in Britain, but I couldn´t watch it.... what was going on? Was it a terrorist attack? Hope ya´ll are doing well! Love ya! That´s so cool that Brenton was the Most Valuable Wrestler! He just needs to keep his grades up! Haha! Love ya!

Love,
Elder Cole


Photo credit to Bro Wankier
 

No comments:

Post a Comment