Monday, March 20, 2017

Week 27

This week was good! I forgot to say last week, I finished six months of my mission! That's kinda crazy cause I feel like I just got here Haha! But I'm loving it here!

This week while we were walking on a dirt road kinda in the middle of nowhere, we came up on a guy that was half laying in the street and half in the weeds. We almost just walked by, but then I started thinking about the story of the Good Samaritan in the Bible, and so we ended up stopping to talk to him. When we started to talk to him, he really didn't respond much. He was just clutching his head in pain. We ended up talking to him for a couple of minutes, and we couldn't get him to tell us anything. He just kept yelling weird things and saying he could see other people.... We ended up leaving him (nicely) because we think he was drunk and just out of his mind! 

Also this week we sang to the Relief Society in our ward! They asked us if we could sing something special for an activity they had, but they told us we couldn't sing a hymn.... We sang "Mujeres" by Ricardo Arjona. It was awful, but they enjoyed it! Haha!

We are doing good work here! There are ups and downs in the mission for sure, but I'm loving it! Hope ya'll are doing well!
 
Love,
Elder Cole
 
Parts from the family email:
 
Hey Ma! Yeah the weather is pretty much what I thought.... I just didn´t know what humidity was until I got here! Haha! My companion is really relaxed so we get along well. Yeah I like the FHE nights, it was just kinda rough to start cause we don´t get a lot of support from the ward, but now we are starting to get some more people.
 
We pretty much baptized all the good investigators we had, so now we are just working with other people. We have one guy that just has to come to church one more time and we will baptize him. His name is Carlos. He was a cop a long time ago and a grenade blew up in his face and he lost an eye, but he´s super cool. He´s like 84!
 
My Echos are doing well, but my other shoes are a little rough... I´ll send pictures next week!  Haha! That´s awesome that Brayden and Misty will be able to stay in KC! Love ya´ll! 

Love,
Elder Cole
 


 
6 month tie-burning

No comments:

Post a Comment