Monday, February 6, 2017

Week 21

This week was good! Uruguay fĂștbol beat Brasil and Argentina!

Not much more super interesting happened this week.... I got hit by my first rock that someone threw! Haha! My companion wanted to go confront them, but I talked him out of it! Haha!

We are doing a lot of teaching right now, and we are really starting to find the people that are prepared to accept the Gospel of Jesus Christ.

This week for some reason I was thinking a lot about prayer. Prayer is one of the first things that we teach people when we talk to them, and its something crazy simple that even children can do it. But this week I realized just how important prayer is for me personally.  As a missionary, I pray a ton everyday and sometimes my prayers are kinda the same, and I just say them because I need to before I can eat haha! But every night before I sleep, I really have the chance to pray! And it's really something that I have come to love to do.  Just to talk to my Heavenly Father about the things in my life! I just feel so close to my Father in Heaven when I really pray! I know that He listens, and I have seen, and felt the answers to my prayers in my own life and in the lives of those around me! 

I hope ya´ll have a great week! Hope all is going well at home! Love ya´ll!

Love,
Elder Cole
 
 
 
A little bit from the family email:
 
That stinks that the Patriots won again.  I love hearing what's going on at home! If I think about it too much, I get kinda homesick so I only think about you guys while I´m praying and then I don´t have a problem! Haha!  
 
The weather has been weird... hot and sunny and then rainy and cold in the same day. It´s starting to get cold here in the nights.
 
You could pray for Lucia. Lucia is another investigator. She is the sister of Rodrigo. She has epilepsy and she takes meds every morning that make her feel sick. Because of this, she can´t go to church and can´t get baptized.... we are actually fasting right now that she will have the strength to start going to church. Thanks!
 
This week was normal. We are teaching a lot of good people and working hard. Rodrigo will be baptized this week.  We are really starting to find those few people in our area that are prepared for the gospel and I´m pretty excited.... I'll be kinda disappointed if I leave Las Piedras this transfer, because we have some really good people that we hope to see baptized within the next three months.
 
Our schedule changed and I´m getting a little more sleep, so I´m doing a lot better. Thanks for the food in the box! It is great.... I haven´t finished it yet because I don´t want to eat all of it too fast haha! Love yall!
 
Love,
Elder Cole

No comments:

Post a Comment