Monday, May 8, 2017

Week 34

Hey guys, sorry I didn`t email last week, I ran out of time! This week was good! I had the chance to get to know a few of the members here better and we even taught them to make pancakes! It was great, because here the people eat things that just lack flavor and they loved pancakes!

It was also my companion`s birthday, and so we had to celebrate some how.... We finally decided that we were going to cook and eat steaks and mashed potatoes! It actually turned out really well, and it will probably be the only time I ever eat a steak in this country, we had to get a specialized cut of meat because they don`t cut meat like steaks here. 
 
I also found out some great news a couple of weeks ago! I have been keeping in touch with my last companion in my last area just to see how everyone was doing, and he told me that one of the guys I had met and taught for the last 4 months was going to be baptized!!! Of course I couldn`t go and be there, because I am just too far away right now, but it was such great news to hear that he made the decision to be baptized!
 
It is just such an honor to be here and to teach the Gospel! I am so glad that for these next two years, the Lord can use me to help other people change their lives and feel the power of the Gospel! 

Love y'all! Hope all is well at home!

Love,

Elder Cole
 
 
 
A little from the family email:
 
Hey Ma! We have been working with a few different people, but more or less we have just been trying to find people to teach... only now are we starting to teach most of the day. Yeah, the lady that sent the video is the bishop's daughter and her family. We are going to Skype this week from their house.

It is going to be so weird to see all the family after the mission cause I am sure all the little cousins will be way grown up! We only have one hour to email ya, and I try to write everyone I can even if it is only a little. 

Love y'all!

Love,
Elder Cole




 
 



 

No comments:

Post a Comment