Tuesday, May 23, 2017

Week 36

This week was really good! We had a chance to spend some time as a zone at our bishop's house, and we ate chorizos and got to do the zip-line that he has! It was a nice way to get to know the other missionaries and the bishop a little bit more too!  

We also had the chance to go to a special conference in Montevideo this week! We had to leave at like four in the morning and were on a bus for four hours there and four hours back, but it was a great conference! We got to not only learn from our mission president, President Eddy, but also Elder Packer from the Area Presidency! It was so great to meet him and to hear him speak! I got to feel the spirit so strongly and learned a ton! I also had some thoughts during the conference about specific people whom I am teaching right now, and I know that it was the Spirit guiding me to know what I can do now to help them accept the Gospel and feel the love God has for them! Also during the conference I got to see a ton of my mission friends that I haven`t seen in a while and a few of my old companions! It was so cool to talk to them and just see how their mission is going! 

I also got news this week from President Eddy that I will have the opportunity to train a new missionary starting tomorrow! I am super excited and I look forward to this new opportunity to grow and to help serve the Lord! Love y'all! Hope all is well at home!

Love,

Elder Cole


Parts from the family email:


Hey Ma love you guys!  This next change I will be Senior companion because I will be training a brand new missionary! It is going to be super cool and kinda hard, but I am looking forward to it! I am also being made district leader so I am going to have to learn to do a lot of new things all at once! I don`t know who my companion is or where he is from until tomorrow when I go to Montevideo to pick him up! 

We have had a little rain but nothing bad and the house stays good. The weather is nice, just a little cold sometime, but really good, like October.
   
Tell Brayden I said congrats! 

This week has been good. I am just really excited to finally get the chance to be a leader in the mission and to get to train a new missionary! It is like a really big honor to train another missionary and every missionary wants to train at least once before the end of his mission! I will give you an update on him next week haha! Love y,all!

Love,
Elder Cole





No comments:

Post a Comment