Monday, May 29, 2017

Week 37

This week was really great! I went to Montevideo again this week to pick up my new companion, and so that took most of the day. My new companion is Elder Barrios from Cartajena Colombia! He is super cool, and I don´t really feel like I am trying him at all because he pretty much knows as much as I do right now! Haha! 

It has been super chill here in Treinta y Tres, and we are starting to see some really good progress with some investigators! 

Also I finally got to eat Capybara! Which is basically a giant rodent haha! It was actually pretty good, just SUPER fatty! Sorry the email is short this week. Hope all is well at home! I am loving it here! Love yall! 

Love,
 Elder Cole


Pictures
1. My "son" and I
2.Capybara
3.Capybara


Parts from the family email:


Hey Ma! We are having a lot of investigators that we hope we can push to get baptized! We should have a couple of baptisms over the next few weeks! 

This week has been good! I had to make another trip to Montevideo to pick of my new companion but he is super cool! His name is Elder Barrios from Cartajena Colombia! He is way more prepared for the mission than I was haha! I really am not training him at all! I mean, I guess it helps that he is speaking his native language too! I am also learning a ton from him and enjoying the chance I have to teach him some of the little tricks that we don`t learn in the MTC. 

I have also learned a ton as a new district leader. I am doing way more than I was last change, because before I was just worried about my area; now it's my area, my new comp, and the four sister missionaries in my district! But it has been great! Haha! 

This week we had Stake Conference and President Eddy was there! It is always great to see and hear from him! Anyways all is well here! I love it and I hope to keep seeing the miracles in the work! Love yall! I am praying for ya! 

Love Elder Cole


PS I also got to eat Capybara!!!!! Finally! It is illegal to hunt here so I just had to find someone that does it and try some with them! It is good, but SUPER fatty! 






Photo Credit: Brother Wankier
(I stole this picture from his blog: https://gordon-renee-in-uruguay.blogspot.com)





No comments:

Post a Comment