Monday, June 5, 2017

Week 38

This week was good! We did a lot of running around! First, we had to go to a little town in the middle of nowhere to do a baptism interview for the sisters in my district, and so we were gone the whole day traveling and doing the interview. When we finished the interview, we had a cool experience! We couldn`t leave the town for a few hours after the interview, because there is only one bus company in that town and so we decided to do some contacting in the sisters´area. Most of the doors we knocked were people that didn´t want too much, but then just as we were walking back to the bus stop I told my companion that we were going to knock at this house on the corner because I had a good feeling about it. When we knocked on the door, an older lady invited us in right away. It was cold outside, so we didn´t argue haha! We ended up talking to her and her husband for a few minutes, and come to find out that her husband was bit by some spider and he has a black infection in his foot that has spread to his leg and he has had it for over three months.

In that moment I had the thought that we should give him a priesthood blessing of health. But I told myself that we had just met these people, and that it would be crazy to try to explain and then give a blessing five minutes after meeting someone. Then I had a scripture pop into my mind when Jesus tells his apostles to go and preach and to every house that recieves them, they should bless them, and bless the people. After I remembered that, I committed to give the blessing and we explained and then gave a priesthood blessing. I never would have thought I would give a blessing to someone that I had met maybe ten minutes before, but now I have! Haha! I just hope that during the blessing they could feel the Spirit and maybe this experience will help them accept the Gospel moving forward. I don`t know, I will probably never see them again!

We got home that night and 10:30 and then we were on a bus the next morning at 4:30 headed to Montevideo. Those days killed my comp and I haha! But overall this week was a really great week! Hope all is well at home!
 
Love,
Elder Cole
 
 
A bit from the family email, mostly answering my questions:
 
Hey Ma! This week was good! My companion is good, being a district leader is good.... my district is just my companion and I and four sister missionaries and so every time I call for something they like to talk hahaha! We make zone t-shirts and one time we used our nicknames, and in Las Piedras I was called the Zone`s pretty face hahah! It is the same apartment just a new angle.  That`s crazy that my call came a year ago! I forgot that I opened it June 3rd! You should see all the weird things that I have eaten on my mission, you would be proud ;) That is so cool that Nate finally got home! 
 
This week was good! We did a lot of running around! Then Saturday we had a baptism! Hugo Diaz got baptized! This is the first baptism in this ward in a year and a half and I am super grateful the Lord chose to work through me to help Hugo receive the Gospel! 
Love yall!
 
Elder Cole
 

 
This last picture photo credit goes to Brother Wankier again.
gordon-renee-in-uruguay.blogspot.com/
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment