Monday, June 12, 2017

Week 39

This week was pretty tough.... I guess I was feeling good after the success that we had last week with a baptism and everything and just got my expectations up too high. We have a lot of good people that we are visiting, but it just seemed like everything we tried to do was shut down by some kind of problem. One investigator had her grandma die, another was traveling, another was in the hospital with her aunt that tried to commit suicide. It was just a hard week for everyone here I guess haha! I am really looking forward to this next week because things can only go up from here! 

On a brighter note, I taught my first English class this week! Haha! We are trying to have more activities to invite people to come and get to know the church and so one of the things we are trying is an English class. I don´t know how great of a teacher I am, and I know that I don't speak English very correctly, but I know more than the Uruguayos, so it is ok! Haha!
 
We are also starting to do ward activities and the first one was this week. It went well I guess, seems like the members enjoyed it. Love y'all! Hope all is well at home and I hope you are enjoying the nice spring time weather!

Love,
Elder Cole
 
 
Parts from the family email (first few paragraphs are just answering questions):
 
Hey Ma! The people here are great. The weather is cold, but we just bundle up so it isn`t too bad. My companion has been in the church all his life, but was baptized at 12 because his family was inactive for a while, and then he went inactive again when he was like 15 and so he reactivated and went on a mission. He has seven siblings and his mom... his dad passed away when he was four.
 
No one really hates me cause I am American, but they just yell or get upset sometimes haha! We have warm showers here. The food has been pretty normal lately.... we did eat some like corn mush stuff that was just completely bland and had no flavor. 
We walked a lot this week and I am so tired. Not much else happened.... I taught my first English class haha!
 
We also organized with the bishop a Ward Family Home Evening, and it turned out really well! The bishop told me that when they change my area, they will have to do it over his dead body haha!
 
Also a few days ago the light in our study room went out so we have been studying in the dark because now it stays dark here until like 8:00. Our door lock also broke today so we are having to enter in the back. And black water started coming out of our faucets and toilet today.... Everything is just falling apart haha! But we are going to have someone come look and fix everything in about an hour so its all good! Love y'all!

Love,
Elder Cole


The pictures are of the big "obelisco" (I don`t know what it is in English) here!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment