Monday, June 19, 2017

Week 40!!!

This week was good! It was actually a really normal week, but I enjoyed it a lot! The weeks are starting to fly by and I really don´t even remember what happened this week haha! I did have the chance to do some baptizing this week! The Sister missionaries that are in my  district had a couple of baptisms and for whatever reason their investigators wanted me to baptize them! It was good, I only had to do each one once so that is a plus and the water was pretty cold haha! 

The baptisms were great this week, but I also had the chance to complete one of my mission goals. When I came on the mission I realized really quickly the opportunity that I had now to share the Plan of Salvation with a lot of other people. Before the mission, I was kind of scared to share things like the plan that God has for us with other people. When I came on the mission I knew that this was my chance to help other people, who had just lost loved ones to understand that death is not the end and to help them feel comforted even in this difficult time. I was always too shy to do this before the mission, but this week I had the chance to teach a family who had just lost a grandmother the week before. I am so glad that I have the Gospel in my life and that I can share this message of joy, hope and peace with the people of Uruguay!
 
Hope all is well at home! Love yall!
 
Love,
Elder Cole
 
Parts from the family email:
 
Hey Ma!  Right now it is kinda warm but everyone says this next week should be really cold. We live like 10 blocks from the church. Our house should get fixed this next week haha. We have a few good people we are teaching they just haven`t really been coming to church so we can`t get a baptismal date to stick. We are working with a lot of youth that like to party all night Saturday and sleep Sunday morning, and we can`t get them to come to church so far. That is crazy that Brenton is going to EFY! Brook should like Europe - that's super cool! That is so great that school is finally out haha! 

This week was good! Kinda a normal week.... I did have the chance to baptize two people this week. The Sisters in my district had a baptism and during the interviews they asked me to do the baptizing so that was a really cool experience!
 
We also played basketball today with the other Latino missionaries haha! It has been a while since I have played basketball, but it was nice to be the one that knew how to play for once, because I can`t do anything in soccer against the Latinos haha!
 
We also went out to some train tracks today that are over some water and spent some time there. 
 
Hey Pa! The Spirit is so great and to be a missionary sometimes I forget that I am feeling the spirit almost all the time. If you want to learn Spanish, you just have to start speaking with people.... I think you can find a few people in Warden to talk to in Spanish haah!
 
That's rough about the jet ski.... but on the bright side, you have a year and a half to either fix it or buy a new one before I get home haha! Love ya Pa!
 
 
 
 
 




 

No comments:

Post a Comment