Thursday, July 20, 2017

Week 44

This week was good! I am really tired after this week, but it is a good tired haha! I got told this week that I look like I am 30! When people ask us how old we are, we always tell them to guess. Most of the time I get like 24 around there, but this time someone said 30! I hope it is just cause I have a tie so it makes me look older haha! 

We had an interesting experience this week... We swung by for an investigator that we have been working with these last few weeks for an appointment that we had set up. When we showed up to his house we found him getting another tattoo on his arm. The funny part was that his 14 year old little sister was giving it to him while she was smoking some kind of drug and drinking mate! We tried sticking around for a few minutes to see if we could teach a little, but we ended up leaving because the Spirit just wasn`t there in that moment. That is the great thing about the mission, I never know what I am going to find when we walk into a house! 

I really love this place and the people here, sometimes they are crazy, but it keeps life interesting haha! Hope all is well! Love y'all!

Elder Cole



Parts from the family email:

I already have like four friends that will be married before I even hit a year in the mission! Tell Brooklyn that she isn`t allowed to get married until I come home haha! 

The weather lately has been cold! It has a good cold wind too, but we are surviving alright haha!  

This week has been alright. It was a good week and we worked really hard. We got home almost every night at the latest possible time. I am super tired. I really like feeling physically tired and even mentally tired because it is satisfying to feel like we have been working, but this week I feel kinda emotionally tired. I am just kind of sick of people lying to me and we just put a ton of work in and don`t see results (I guess nothing describes missionary work better than that haha!) 

But we are doing good! I enjoy every second and the days are flying by! I have had experiences here that I will never have again. And not just experiences of Uruguay, but spiritual experiences and really I can`t describe, but I will always remember. 

I will let you know when I get the package.... Can you send me the recipe for Potato soup again i lost it haha. I am also going to have to buy new shoes pretty soon because my Doc Martins are almost worn through and the soles are starting to separate from the shoe haha! I will send pictures next week.

Love y'all

Elder Cole

No comments:

Post a Comment