Tuesday, July 25, 2017

Week 45

This week was good! We worked really hard, and I am happy with all that we did this week! Right now we are in Montevideo because my companion has to sign some legal papers and it is super cool to have a free day to just get to know Montevideo a little bit!

This last Sunday it was pretty cold and raining, so we knew that not very many people were going to come to church. And just before church started the bishop says to me, "Elder Cole, we don`t have anyone to give talks today because everyone that was supposed to talk didn`t show up. Would you give a talk for us?" I can`t say that it was the best talk that I have ever given, but it wasn`t too bad for my first talk on the spot and in Spanish! Haha! 
 
In church this week too, they asked the man that we baptized a couple of weeks ago to share his testimony because he went to the temple for the first time and was baptized for his father.  It was so great as a missionary to see how much his faith has grown since the first day that we met him. As he spoke about his feelings in the temple he even started to cry a little bit. I am so glad that he had the opportunity to come to know this Gospel for himself, and I am glad that he was also able to share the cleansing power of baptism with his own father. I know that this is God`s work. I know that in the temples we can feel closer to God and those that we love, even if they have passed away. It is an honor for me to be here in Uruguay, to get to know these people, to learn to love these people, and to share the joys and hope of the Gospel of Jesus Christ. 
Love y'all! Hope all is well at home! Praying for ya! Enjoy the warm weather because we are starting to freeze here haha!
 
Love,
Elder Cole
 
 
Parts from the family email:
 
This week was pretty normal. We  are just working super hard and doing all that we can do. We had interviews with President Eddy this week and it  was great to talk to him one on one.
 
We are in Montevideo right now because my companion has to sign some legal papers so we traveled last night and slept with some other elders here. It was great because one is Elder Fix that came to Uruguay with me and was in Mexico with me and another elder was Elder UcaƱan who was my companion a few months ago! I haven`t seen those guys in awhile!
 
We are also organizing an activity with another ward and so I will let you know how that goes this next week. All is well here! Love y'all! 

Elder Cole
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment