Monday, July 31, 2017

Week 46 - Happy Birthday Trace!!!

This week was great! We had a lot of miracles that just kind of seemed to fall in our way this week! We also had two activities that we helped organize and got the chance to meet some really great people! 

Last Monday when we were in Montevideo we just happened to go to Subway for lunch and when we were waiting in line, I noticed that some sister missionaries walked in and one of them just happened to be Mariah Byington! It was super cool and weird to see an old friend in the mission halfway around the world! 

Then this Sunday we got asked to teach a primary class the last hour, hahahahahaha! It was like herding cats! But it went well... I think.

Also this week my shoes really took a beating and just started falling apart, but I told myself that they would hold together for a few more weeks and that we didn`t have time to look for and buy new ones right now.... So for a few days that`s how it was and I actually didn`t have really any plans to start looking for new shoes. One night we were talking with our recent convert  and at the end of the visit he asked what size of shoe we wear. And it just so happened that he had some new dress shoes that were a size too big for him, but were my size and he gave them to me for free! It was super great, because I really didn`t want to take the time to look for a store in little Treinta y Tres to buy new shoes and now I don`t have to! It reminds me of a scripture: Mathew 6:28-33! I have felt the Lord work miracles in my life this week!  And I know that He works miracles in each of our lives every day! Love y'all! 

Love,
Elder Cole


Jaycie here...Trace's good friend Mariah Byington from Moses Lake was called to serve in the other Uruguay mission. They happened to run into each other in the big city Montevideo which has 1.4 million people there. Trace was there last week for some paper work his companion had to do. I love her take on it and wanted to share...I hope she doesn't mind...

"So to start out this crazy week, right after I walked out of the cyber where we write our emails each week, we walked over to subway to eat lunch. As we walked into subway we saw a few elders standing in line waiting to order, one of them happened to be Trace Cole!! It was so crazy that we`re both here serving in Uruguay 6'000 miles away from Moses Lake, Washington but we found each other in a Subway!! It was super fun to see each other and to only be talking in Spanish! Crazy to see how far we`ve come from sitting next to each other in our Spanish classes at Big Bend CC but not being able to actually speak Spanish. To now where we can hardly talk in English sometimes! The world is so small, and missionary work is so rewarding!"




No comments:

Post a Comment